Re: English lesson

To: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Subject: Re: English lesson
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:40:14 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h6HCfK7R001602
Message text written by "Jim Muller"
>Well, um, as I wrote to the poster (who may or may have caught the
original intent), my previous note with this subject was an
intentional triple mixed metaphor, and meant to be humorous, of
course!  (It was actually an extension of a mixed metaphor used
unintentionally by a sports columnist in the Boston Globe recently.
I just added the "before it got off the ground" part.)
<

Yup.  It is cast in stone.  No, that's chiseled in concrete.  No, um, oh
well, no point cring over burnt bridges before they're hatched.

Dave

P.S. Please note the correct "they're" and not "their" usage.