Re: English lesson

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: English lesson
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:28:30 -0400
On 16 Jul 2003 at 22:46, AVALON2455@aol.com wrote:

> Oh, my!........Jim!.......

Well, um, as I wrote to the poster (who may or may have caught the
original intent), my previous note with this subject was an
intentional triple mixed metaphor, and meant to be humorous, of
course!  (It was actually an extension of a mixed metaphor used
unintentionally by a sports columnist in the Boston Globe recently.
I just added the "before it got off the ground" part.)

I'd just luv to be driving the GT6 down a nearly empty highway right
now.

"On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair,
sweet smell of colitas, rising up through the air,
up ahead in the distance I saw a shimmering light,
my head grew heavy and my sight grew dim, I had to stop for the
night..."

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com