Re: TR6 Fuel Line Plumbing

To: TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>, hfader@usa.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Fuel Line Plumbing
From: Gary Klein <tr6guy@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:12:12 -0400
Hugh,

The lines in/out of the pump use compression fittings, but 2 types.  The lines
on my TR6 are not flared as George Richardson suggested.  The situation is that
the compression fitting used on the fuel pump's output is different from what
we normally can obtain here in the States.  The input fitting is a standard ol'
US type.  The pump's output compression fitting is actually LONGER than what we
usually use over here.  Since the standard fitting is too short, the nut
bottoms out inside the fuel pump and it leaks.

I called TRF back when I was restoring my TR6 and was advised at the time that
the fitting was not available.  I fixed the situation by taking 2 US style
compression fittings and filing down one end of each so that they were about
1/2 the length of the original.  I then soldered the two together.  It worked
like a champ.

Both fuel pipes are the same, 1/4" as I recall.  Buy some standard steel brake
line available from any part shop and bend as required.

Good luck,

Gary Klein
1975 TR6  Digest
Severn, MD
TRiumphs Around the Chesapeake, Ltd.   TRAC
www.tracltd.org