TR6 Fuel Line Plumbing

To: "Triumph List \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Fuel Line Plumbing
From: "Hugh Fader" <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:56:46 -0400
OK, I put in a repro fuel pump on my TR6. The fuel lines to and from the
pump were a bit banged up and I decided to replumb them. I'm having a little
trouble. First let me check the facts to make sure I'm not suffering from a
DPO. Are these things correct?

1. Is it supposed to use compression fittings?
2. 3/8" pipe into the pump?
3. 1/4" pipe out of the pump?

Now my trouble. The fittings don't seem to have enough thread on them to
bottom out and compress the compression bead. The fitting bottoms out and
the pipe just slides back out. Maybe I don't know how to install compression
fittings. Maybe the repro pump is different. The threads seem the same on
both pumps. Maybe I need fittings with a longer threaded part. I went to a
couple of auto parts stores and they seemed confused by what I had. Can
anybody help clarify how the fuel pump is supposed to be plumbed.

Thanks,
Hugh Fader
72 TR6