Re: California Black Plates

To: <Shrack04@aol.com>
Subject: Re: California Black Plates
From: "Paul Willoughby's Home" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 06:00:57 -0700
Cc: "Triumph Triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Also, although hobbyists have been lobbying for years, the DMV will not
transfer the black and gold plates.  So if you find a vehicle with them, it
has probably never had it's titled transfered out of state and probably
hasn't had an owner change since the 60s as I think the DMV requires
surrurendering them if you purchase a car that has them.  It places an extra
pedigree on the car, knowing that it has never lived in the rust belt.

Governer Davis recently vetoed a bill that would have allowed collectors to
use them for vintage vehicles like all California's earlier plates.  His
reason was that new plates are reflective and aid law enforcement.  pbbbbbt
on him.

Paul Willoughby
Torrance, CA