RE: cold air intake

To: "'scotts junk'" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>, <rotoflex@hotmail.com>, <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: cold air intake
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:21:43 -0400
Scott et al,

I am in the process of getting a cold box fabricated for the Spit6.  I have
found a friend to weld the aluminum box but the problem is the dimensions
that would allow enough air ( stock air box seemed to not provide enough ),
but not interfere with the bonnet.  My thought that a 3" hose to the
air-filter, this would dictate at least a 3 1/2" square box.  I keep trying
to remember to measure the distance between the carbs and the inner fender
wall (procrastination!) .

Skip it, I am going to go and measure now....Be right back :-)

David Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a
'74 Triumph Spitfire