Re: Connecting rods TR6

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Connecting rods TR6
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 18:57:37 -0500
Nicholas Froome wrote:

> I saw Richard Bull's TR5 race car doing 1' 31" laps around
> Goodwood . . . the telltale on the Stack tacho . . . pinged
> straight off the scale at 8000+ rpm
>
> So Classic Racecraft can build an engine that'll pull 8K....

I don't doubt it for a minute. But I'd be surprised if there was a single
part inside that engine block bearing a resemblance to anything made by
Triumph . . . and I'd take a CLOSE look at the block itself  :-)

But the first thing I'm going to do when I get an real race tach installed
is to set the telltale to 8500, just to incite the passers-by.

Jim Hill
Madison WI