Re: Door Glass Question

To: 105671.471@compuserve.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net, rcabbe@sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: Door Glass Question
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 21:17:54 EDT
Dave posted for Richard Crabbe:

>Can anyone advise me if the window glass (doors) for a TR6 are
>interchangeable, after the track has been changed. I broke the one for the
>left side, putting it in and have 2 more for the right side that are in
good
>order.  If I change the track will it fit.
>
>Crabby

I don't have a TR6 Spare Parts Catalogue, but the SPC for the TR250 shows
only one door glass, p/n 750135, which (according to TRF) supercedes to:

820508  T46 GLASS, Door 59.95       CUR (from their 2002 Price List)

There are "handed" window regulator channel assemblies, but the glass itself
is interchangeable. If you look at an "original" car, you'll probably notice
that the Triplex logo faces the same way on both pieces of glass, i.e., the
logo is "inside" on one side of the car and "outside" on the opposite side of
the
car.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,
 Triumph Herald engine with wings.