Hope Lodge Meet

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, triumph_herald@yahoogroups.com, rkooiman@comcast.net
Subject: Hope Lodge Meet
From: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 00:19:07 -0400
Well, with a threat of nasty weather looming, I attended the "The Brits Are
Back at Hope Lodge" show today, sponsored by Delaware Valley Triumphs. I had a
wonderful time- Although the sky was ominous, it held back for the most part- a
few drizzles, but generally dry.

I drove out and arrived around 9:30, and was happy to see it was very easy to
find, and they had a competent sign in crew- I picked up my preregistration
packet(and goodie bag!) and was quickly directed to a spot near the road- with
a nice GT6+, a TR7 and an Italia as neighbors in my ring. I found however, I
was the only entrant in my class! My first Concours win!... The day progressed
nicely, I had a chance to look over all the cars, and enjoyed the atmosphere.
Lots of nice LBC's, definitely Triumph TR heavy, but a good smattering of
Spitfires- and one Italia and one Herald...

Happily, I got to meet a few Triumphs@autox list members- (Hey Joe- Your list
member decals are quite handy!) It also turns out one was the person who sold
the couple my car came from their 13/60.

The location was quite nice, for those who haven't been- large estate with an
18th century large house(mansion?) and trees for shade(and raindrop protection)

And, of course, one of the high points of my day was winning "First Place" for
"Miscellaneous British Roadster", aka: Triumph Herald 1960-1969... Made me
quite happy

Think I'll do this one again next year. Next week, Courier Post antique car
meet at the Cherry Hill Mall, in Cherry Hill, NJ.

Scott
Concours Winner 1964 Herald 1200 Convertible