RE: Oil Dye for tracer?

To: "Triumph List \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oil Dye for tracer?
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 07:35:35 -0700
> Now both engine and tranny have clean, fresh oil, so they look
> identical.  I'd like to put a dye into one or the other (probably the
> tranny) to verify with some certainty if the leak is from the engine rear
> seal, or something I missed on the front of the tranny. Anyone
> know of a dye
> that would not be detrimental to performance that would work here?

Lots of places sell the dye, probably your local auto parts store does too.
http://eastwoodco.com/aspfiles/itemdy00.asp?T1=46157B

You'll need an ultraviolet lamp, too.  Last time I was in Spencer Gifts at
the mall, they had an inexpensive battery powered model that would probably
do for occasional home use.

Randall