Oil Dye for tracer?

To: "Triumph List (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Dye for tracer?
From: "Heglund, Davis (MN17)" <davis.heglund@honeywell.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 08:17:23 -0500
Folks,  I have a persistent oil drip from my GT6 bellhousing (an lbc with a
leak?  what a surprise).  Thought it was from the tranny, due to the smell
of the fluid, but after removing and resealing the tanny, the leak is still
there.  Now both engine and tranny have clean, fresh oil, so they look
identical.  I'd like to put a dye into one or the other (probably the
tranny) to verify with some certainty if the leak is from the engine rear
seal, or something I missed on the front of the tranny. Anyone know of a dye
that would not be detrimental to performance that would work here?
Dave Heglund   '69 GT6  "The Mistress"