seat belts

To: "Listers" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat belts
From: "Peter Arakelian" <PeterAra@MSN.COM>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:54:07 -0700 FILETIME=[92421B10:01C32197]
only problem is they are washed out, I would try that (re-dying them with RIT
black dye) rather than trying to replace the belts."
My seat belt manufacturer has told me in no uncertain terms that a sure sign
of worn/dangerous belts is severe fading in color.  This because it is
evidence of sun/ultraviolet damage and has probably weakened the belt.  They
should be replaced.  You can take this as a sales ploy if you want, but I
believe these people with whom we have done business for a very long time.  Or
you can play for safety and replace the belts when they are badly faded or
have frayed and ragged edges.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver