Smokin' TR-6

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smokin' TR-6
From: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:09:29 -0400
Hello everyone,

For some time my car has been spitting white smoke when the engine is
cold. I thought it may be my carbs that needed adjusting. Mark Hooper
helped me adjust my carbs with the Unisyn and the Gunson Colortune.
Everything was adjusted properly and to my surprise, I started the car
this morning and again, a HUGE cloud of white smoke. The weird thing is
that the smoke does not have a normal exhaust smell. It's a real foul
smell. As soon as the car warms up.everything is fine. I went to a
garage today and the mechanic told me that it can either be my head
gasket or the valve seals. Does anyone have an opinion on that? Any
advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick