Re: Location of TR4A O/D relay?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Location of TR4A O/D relay?
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 10:42:38 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm retrofitting an overdrive into my TR4A and I don't know where to attach
>the
> relay.  I'd appreciate it if someone could give me a fairly precise
>description
> of the stock location, and how to route the wiring from there to the top of
>the
> gearbox.

I did this about 6 years back (maybe longer). TRF had the correct
wiring harness on the shelf - I got the switch and relay from the
donor TR6. (I got a harness from there, too, but it wasn't
really correct). The relay mounts in the passenger footwell, behind
the glovebox, towards the center of the car on the "pedal box". I found
two holes filled with dumdum or very old rubber plugs that were
the intended mounting holes.

I used small stainless bolts through rubber grommets, to try to seal
the holes from wash water... every little bit helps.