Re: STANDARD MOTOR CO - 'CENTENARY' Run - Fri 23 May

To: "Gary Klein" <tr6guy@cablespeed.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "TR Newsgroup" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STANDARD MOTOR CO - 'CENTENARY' Run - Fri 23 May
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:48:18 -0400
Cc: "John Macartney" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
> Everyone,
>
> Jonmac's article on the Standard 'Centenary' Road Run route for 2003 is
> hosted on the homepage of TRiumphs Around the Chesapeake, TRAC.
Gary, when I flew over to the U/K in February I spent 2 full days with
Jonmac driving this circuit, so I guess I could say I was first, and what a
drive it was, so beautiful in the Midlands anyway and to be driving around
in a T/R on very small "English" back roads with a rather good heavy foot
guide, (my grip was quite firm a few times), Jonmac is a very knowledable
history buff and this made the tour that much better, and he really knows
his history, he explained each and every town/village we visited and the
conflicts each was associated with over the years, we visited "Haley's
Abbey" and the graves are marked before the11th century and remember I live
very close to "Jamestown" and thats only dated from 1607 (and restored, not
natural like I visited), no sightseeing commercial guides ever gave a tour
like he gave me, not too mention the hidden/out of the way "Pubs/resaurants
(Tiparary was just one) we visited, if you ever have the opportunity to
visit this fine gentleman, push real hard to take this in.   "FT"