stretch your wings

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: stretch your wings
From: "scotts junk" <smacsjunk@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:01:38 -0600 FILETIME=[18D23B30:01C31EE9]
OK, rusty & damaged rear wing on my GT6 Mk3 removed, flanges cleaned up
nicely. Only a bit of rust through on the inner panels at the usual spots
right in front and behind the wheel arch at the bottom corners, which needs
simple flat patches to repair. When I slide my replacement rear wing into
place it "almost fits". It appears to be about 1/4 inch shorter between the
door and wheel arch and same from the top flange to the top of the wheel
arch. Any comments from those of you with more experience than me at panel
replacement (i.e anyone who has actually done this ;-). Do I dolly and
hammer the inner panel to make the new one fit, beat up the new panel to
match the existing one, search on e-bay for Churchill tool #1637984 panel
streatcher??

thanks
Scott