Waste of a good gallon of oil

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Waste of a good gallon of oil
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 13:57:38 -0400
I realize this has been discussed here recently but what the hey, I
sometimes don't pay attention until a problem reaches up to bite me
personally.

I checked the oil on the GT6 this noon and discovered to my surprise
that it was more voluminous than I expected, and much thinner than
when I put it in just a hundred miles ago.  It appears that my fool
pump is leaking petrol down into the sump.  (A real bummer, man, 'cuz
like, I was looking forward to driving it.  Okay, I'll take the
Spitfire instead!)

This is one of those old fool pumps with the hand lever underneath.
Am I right in assuming these can be fixed, rebuilt, or whatever?  Is
it a simple kit from TRF, Spitbits, Moss, or someplace similar?  Or
do I have to send it to someplace in NY state?  Or Coventry or
Abington (Abingdon?)?

Tanks in advance,
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com