RE: Tr3a Shift Knob

To: "Triumphs@Autox Net \(E-mail\)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tr3a Shift Knob
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 03:33:42 -0700
> Someone pointed out to me that supposedly as of TS50001 in the
> TR3a run the
> shift knob was changed.  How was it changed?  I thought is was always the
> hard rubber "pear"

David, I've never heard of this.  It seems to've escaped the attention of
Bill Piggott and the factory SPC, too.

There was, of course, a change much earlier, the very first knobs were
pressed onto the upper part of the (two piece) shifter instead of screwed
on, but that change was around TS2877.

Like Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca, I suspect you were misinformed.

However, since I've never seen an unrestored car that still had the black
pear, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the dealers were installing AMCO
knobs.

Randall