Re: Powder Blue Spitfire 4 paint color

To: Spitlist@gte.net, oldtoys@brick.net
Subject: Re: Powder Blue Spitfire 4 paint color
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 09:33:32 EDT
Cc: triumphs@sltoa.org, triumphs@autox.team.net
It was originally written by Craig Houghtaling:

> >A fellow in the St. Louis MO area is restoring a 62 Spitfire.  He has it
> >completely stripped and is now looking for a paint code to return it to
> its
> >original color.  Is there anyone out there who can help with this?

Joe Curry replied:

> If it was originally light blue, it was undoubtedly Wedgwood Blue and
> not powder blue....

And I must respectfully disagree, Joe. The earliest Spitfire 4 color range
included Powder Blue up until mid-1963 production (June or so), when that was
replaced by Wedgwood Blue. This is confirmed both by the original Spitfire 4
Spare Parts Catalogue and John Thomason's [Spit/GT6] Guide to Originality.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>