Tail lights

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tail lights
From: John Summers <trumpet@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 21:55:28 -0400
I have misplaced my Dan Masters TR6 electrical book so I will ask y'all's
opinion.  My brake lights work only when my headlights are off.  When my
headlights are on the only rear lights that work are the tag light, the back
up light and the side part of the tail light that wraps around.  I had read
that bad grounds will mess up the rear lights so I previously had cleaned
all the connections AT the lights.  Obviously that didn't work.  Other than
the possibility of the bulbs being burnt out, where else could the problem
be?
Also, can a person with ten thumbs and little confidence rebuild the carbs?

John Summers
'74 TR6