Success in stages.

Subject: Success in stages.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 07:48:46 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Yesterday I was able to fit the TRF gas tank into my pre 60,000 TR-3A.
I met the challenge of the odd vent bung by mating the banjo to it with
a copper washer and a fiber washer on top of that.   The bolt to banjo
fitting surface still has the original fiber washer.  Hopefully this
will produce a seal that will last.

The fitting went surprisingly easily.  I did use a 1/4" longer bolt on
one of the front strap holes to get a start.  Now all I have to do is
replumb the rest of the fuel system.  Maybe today.

        Regards,
        Tom