TR4A SU HS6 Carbs

To: tr list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A SU HS6 Carbs
From: Darrell Walker <darrellw@ipns.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:39:33 -0700
My 66 TR4A has SU HS6 carbs (original, as far as I know).  Because I've
made some mods on the engine (most notably a hotter cam), and based on
a slight miss at higher revs, I decided to install "rich" needles (SW).
  But when I went to install them, my rebuilt carbs had QW needles. QW
needles are 0.90 needles, SW are 1.00 needles.

Confused, I checked the Burlen site, and they list the QW needles (and
0.90 jets) as stock for a US spec car (and 1.00 jets for a non-US spec
car).

Does anyone know why there would be a different jet/needle for US vs
non-US cars?  Should I try to find a richer 0.90 needle, or convert to
1.00 jets?

Thanks!
-Darrell

--