Length of resto

To: Tr3bob@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Length of resto
From: Wallaces <wallaces@superaje.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 08:10:45 +0000
Bob wrote:

Hi listers,
After 6 years my TR3A (TS81398L) is nearing completion...if you can apply
that definition to our cars.
===================================
I have been taking note of Bob's progress now and then, over maybe the last
four years. My own TR3a resto project also began 6 years ago, and my car
may have been built on the same day (TS81417L), so I always notice his
comments.
Each spring, I am re-energized and invest a whole lot of energy (not to
mention $) and make some progress. Then, I get distracted by summer activities.
Around Christmas I decided I must change my ways, and finish one project
before taking on more. With that in mind I have been really getting places
on the TR3a, but suddenly I discover that I have acquired a cottage
property and two more tractors (making four, good thing I decided to send
the other one to the scrap yard) all that will all require time and energy.
Oh yes and yesterday I got a great deal on a drill press that only requires
a bit of work. And eight turkeys that will need daily attention. And sucked
into more action items for the volunteer committee that I sit on.
Apart from winning a lottery, how does one get out of this cycle? I want to
finish my car and drive it, and Bob is making me jealous!
Jim Wallace