Late TR4 Bonnet 'Pad'

To: "'Triumphs@Autox.team.net'" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Late TR4 Bonnet 'Pad'
From: "Taffel, Sherman" <STaffel@bcps.k12.md.us>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:35:32 -0400
Jay wrote: I have no plan to duplicate this disc on my TR4 - although an
argument could
certainly be made that its absence should be a concours judging points
deduction.

Any other TR4s & TR4As out there with these ugly, makeshift looking
fiber discs glued to the hood (bonnet)?

Jay
'64 TR4 CT38895LO
Wheaton, IL

Jay - My TR4 CT40054L, sold as 1965 model, has been noted by a list member
as possibly the 'latest known TR4' to be with us. I bought the car from the
salesman who used it as his 'personal/ demo'. It NEVER had the pad you speak
of. There is that fiber stuff under the cross brace, but that's it. I have
never had a problem with bonnet rubbing on the Thermostat housing.

Therefore I totally disagree that "an argument could be made that its
absence (on a late TR4)should be a concours judging points deduction".

Sherman Taffel
Mason Dixon TRA/TRAC
http://www.tracltd.org/Photos/Memphoto/ST/ShermT.html
http://www.tracltd.org/Photos/2001-Activities/TSD4-01/TSDPh.html
 Columbia MD
'Baby Blue' TR4
restored '98-'00
TR6 leather seats, Panasports, electric fan conversion, Vintage Racer style
Detailed engine, alternator conversion-Neg Ground, my college 8-Track tape
deck in glove box.
Loved to COncours standards!