Fix on TRF tank?

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fix on TRF tank?
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:09:32 -0700
Thanks to those that have made suggestions thus far for the TRF tank I
have the problem with.

I have had an idea.  I wonder about cutting the bung out of my old tank
with a hole saw.  The cutting the bung out of the new tank with a
smaller hole saw.  Then welding my old bung onto the new tank.  My
thinking on this is that the overlapping metal at the weld may collect
moisture and promote new rust.  I got the new tank to get rid of a rust
problem.

I too have reservations about using a rubber washer under the banjo
fittng for the vent.  First because it may deteriorate and cause a fuel
leakage problem. And secondly because it gives the banjo fitting a very
small area to seal against at the bung.

TRF also suggested finding a copper washer to use.  Somehow all of these
suggestions seem to be a lot of work for something I have already paid
$272.00 for.

        Best regards,
        Tom