Re: Sealing with those pesky wire hose clamps

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sealing with those pesky wire hose clamps
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 13:54:00 -0700
TeamTiger21@aol.com wrote:

>OK, how do you get those pesky original wire hose clamps to seal?

Barry -- I used a regular band clamp for a couple of weeks, then
replaced it with the wire clamp.  With the hose bedded in the wire clamp
held fine.

I had to spread the wire clamp to get it on there w/o disturbing the
hose... but I guess you could avoid this by putting the wire clamp on
the hose (loosely & out of the way) until the band clamp had done its work.

I didn't do this for every connection... just the ones that wouldn't
seal properly with the wires.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A
64 TR4