ZS Carb... breather vent.. WHAT? throttle vent valve?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>, <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: ZS Carb... breather vent.. WHAT? throttle vent valve?
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 14:02:31 -0400
HHhmmmm... interesting observation....
on the Zenith 150 CDSEV carbs on my GT6 MKIII (b.d. Nov 72)
the float bowl vent that comes out of the carb body (right behind
the air filter, perpendicular to the throats and at about 10 o'clock
facing the intake)   is blocked. BUT  at the subject line suggests....
there is a little throttle stop actuated piston that opens/closed
this vent.

Anyway.... where in the carb body does the float bowl vent?
Through the air filter face to the cleaners right?
The current idle screw positions, mean this little valve is NEVER
going to get pressed in to vent the bowl out through these
tube vents at  10 o'clock,   These external vents are what run over to the
vapor canisters.  So I'm assuming at best... if DROP the throttle
to zero, the little lever may bang this valve open ever so briefly as the
rpms drop... maybe to lean out the mixture as the rpms fall?  limiting
vacuum pulling gas on over run?

 any idea?  suggestions?   Anyone know what little valve I'm even
talking about?

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com