Re: It's getting brighter

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: It's getting brighter
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:53:09 -0400
Cc: "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h45DuPbH020904
Message text written by Michael Hargreave Mawson
>I never could get my head around US gallons, so here are the latest
prices for "regular" unleaded in GBP and USD for litres and Imperial
Gallons here in sunny Bedfordshire:

                        GBP             USD
        Litre           0.789           1.24
        Imp. Gall.      3.59            5.64

I think that works out at around five dollars for a US gallon.
<

Close.  Since the Imperial gallon is based on the Imperial pint (20 oz)
and the US gallon is based on the US pint (16 oz) the conversion is
easy: Gal(Imp) X 4/5 = Gal(US).  So $5.64/Gal(Imp) = $4.51.

There would be a few linchings in Washington DC if it ever got that high
here.

Dave
Somewhere in the US
57 TR3