RE: It's getting brighter

To: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pix-cinema.com>
Subject: RE: It's getting brighter
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 09:53:11 -0400
Cc: "'Michael Hargreave Mawson'" <OC@46thFoot.com>, "[unknown]" <triumphs@autox.team.net> 42dbca82.dsl.aros.net id h45Dt6bH020786
Message text written by Mark Hooper
>Correct me if I am wrong, but Great Britain is an oil exporter right? In
Canada we too are an exporter and being ripped off by 110% taxation on
fuel.
It's supposedly for road maintenance (an acceptable reason), but only about
5% goes into roads (not acceptable considering their state). Even so we
have
50% of your population, much much harsher winters and a hell of a lot more
road/capita to maintain. Yet you are paying three times our rate. What
gives?
<

Hey, it costs money to maintain an empire.

um...

It costs extra to drive on the wrong side of the road?

um...

Have you seen Fergie's wardrobe lately?

um...

OK.  I give too.