Re: Steering Wheel

To: "Bill Schroder" <bill@kcdoc.com>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Wheel
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 09:39:20 +0100 h448i3bH018162
From: Bill Schroder <bill@kcdoc.com>

> Being tall, I have "knee problems" with the steering wheel, despite moving
> the seat as far back as it will go.  Do any of the listers have experience
> or advice on using a slightly-smaller diameter steering wheel to provide
> more knee room?

I'm unsure about the clearances involved with the TR6, but the steering column
is identical to the Spitfire & Herald type where it is possible to insert an
extension at the bottom of the steering column. This can move the steering
column back (and upwards) towards the driver further then the existing
adjustment will allow.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--