ret: TR4A Centre consol/dash support whatchamacallit

To: dspence@oanet.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: ret: TR4A Centre consol/dash support whatchamacallit
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 17:33:17 EDT
Don,
In case you weren't aware - there were 2 versions of the TR4A dash brace -
early ones have what is called the 'volcano' lipped opening for the stick
shifter. The later braces's have a flat hole.
As far as I know there is no 'revinyl kit' for the earlier volcano-lipped
type brace - only a kit for the later flat type (which I have no experience
with). But I have seen some very nice, professionally reupholstered coverings
on the earlier braces as well as on TR4 braces and TR6 braces. Bill Piggott's
two TR books indicate 'reuphosltering' the brace is not that uncommon - if
you're in a pinch.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

>>Or alternatively, anyone purchased and installed the refurbishing kit?
TIA
Don Spence<<