RE: TR3 Timing Marks

Subject: RE: TR3 Timing Marks
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:38:42 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> I believe that you will find that the hole is in all your pulley parts
> and the fan.

The timing hole that Bill is looking at is only in the rear pulley half.  It
was put there by the factory and should not be modified.  It is however,
possible to assemble the pulley wrong so that the mark is not at TDC.

It does not necessarily align with the witness hole in the weights (and the
fan is only supposed to be dimpled).

> I am just wading through this section as I have
> discovered
> that my fan extension bolt is sheared off in the crank.

Bummer!  Any indication as to why ?  Were the key and keyway in good shape ?

Randall