Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...

To: "TR List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 18:41:53 -0000 h21IoTY4015916
From: Jim Muller <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>

> Agree completely.  I haven't figured out yet how to correct their
> error without ultimately pointing out the fact that they got it
> wrong.  Most people, especially adult males, like to think they know
> everything there is to know about cars anyway.

This anecdote was relayed to me second hand some years ago at a club meet. A
chap was sat in his MGA Twin-Cam at a car show here in the UK. The bonnet was
open with the prominent twin cam covers exposed. A chap was walking along the
row of cars with his young son asking questions about all the cars. As he
approached the MGA, he explained to his son that this was an MGA. "What
engine's that got, Dad?" aked the son. There was a pause, some head scratching,
followed by the father's reply - "Some idiot's put a V8 in it"..........
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--
Rarebits4classics