Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Here's a thread we haven't had for a while...
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2003 12:33:37 -0500
On 1 Mar 2003 at 9:16, ebk@buffnet.net wrote:

>     I also agree with many of our TR List members that it is OUR JOB to
> educate people about our cars. If a person comes up with, 'Nice MGB'.

Agree completely.  I haven't figured out yet how to correct their
error without ultimately pointing out the fact that they got it
wrong.  Most people, especially adult males, like to think they know
everything there is to know about cars anyway.  I've tried making a
joke of the "us vs. them" aspect, as in Ford vs. Chevy, Bud vs.
Miller, Redsox vs. Yankees, Tr vs MG, etc.  But it still seems
awkward.  Your idea of admitting they "they do look alike" may have
promise tho'.
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com