RE: $3 gallon gas (delete if you're offended by general automotive topi

To: "Paul Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: $3 gallon gas (delete if you're offended by general automotive topics)
From: "Randall Young" <Ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:17:46 -0800
Paul, whining about $3/gallon fuel (still far cheaper than most of the
world) just furthers the comparison of Americans to spoiled children.

And, it's still not the major cost of owning a land barge.  20K miles/year,
15 mpg, $3/gallon is still only $77/week, less than many owners spend just
on payments.  So much for a major impact on our lives.

If you want something to whine about, think about what it's going to do to
your heating bills.  Heating oil and propane will follow gasoline/petrol
prices directly, while electricity and natural gas will eventually rise too.

Consider too that while we import an obscene amount of oil from Iraq;
California is still a net exporter of petroleum ...

Randall