TR6 Battery Grp 24

To: "List Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Battery Grp 24
From: "Richard Paquette" <richard@locationpyramide.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 09:30:34 -0500
 > Having recently installed a new battery in my '74 TR6, I can tell
> you that a
> Group 24 fits nicely, but I had to return the first one because
> the +ive and
> -ive posts were reversed, which leads me to believe that group
> 24's can come
> either way.

The group number is _supposed_ to change, Group 24F has the posts reversed
from a Group 24.  The listings I found on the net say a TR6 takes a 24, not
a 24F, but I don't remember offhand which is which.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Randall

You are correct again!  ...can't stump you, can we!
I checked my invoices and IMHO the best fit TR6 battery is a Group 24 (+ive
post on RHS of car, nearest to starter).

The BCI (Battery Council International) - gives the following specs for
Group 24 batteries:   Length - 10 1/4"     Width - 6 13/16"     Height - 8
7/8"
Available in CCA (cold cranking amps @ 0 deg F) Ratings from 165-625

The Group 24F has the posts reversed, and is 1/2" longer in length, and 1/8"
taller than the Group 24 battery.

IMHO The Group 27 battery is a little too big for a TR6, and may fit, but
I've not tried it.
Group 27 batteries:   Length - 12 1/16"     Width - 6 13/16"     Height - 8
7/8"
BCI rates the CCA's range - at  270-700

Richard P.
'74 TR6