Re: Ignition question

To: trumpet@bellsouth.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition question
From: "Rick Barnard" <rstirb@townisp.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 19:52:36 -0500
John,
        Yes, you can adjust the position of the ignitor module by
virtue of the slot in the adapter plate.  I called Pertronix on this, and
they said the "gap" should be .030" between the magnet sleeve
(that fits over the dizzy shaft) and the module.
        Practically speaking, my car runs the same whether the
gap is .010, or .090.  At some point, though, the magnets would no
longer trigger the Hall cell in the module.

                Regards,
                        Rick    1973  TR6  CF2570U