Re: Virus

To: jcs104@attbi.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Virus
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 20:19:22 EST
In a message dated 10/29/02 7:04:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jcs104@attbi.com writes:

> Since I wasn't a list subscriber until just 5 minutes ago (I am one for
> 6PACK)
> I was surprised to get the attached email with an attachment. The attachment
> (I've removed it, of course) was named briekopfleimen.doc.pif and runs under
> MSDOS hidden in the background. Since I had a machine I didn't care about I
> ran it, then ran Norton Antivirus. The virus is called PWS.Hooker.Trojan

I subscribe to the 6-pack list at a different e-mail address. I simultaneously
recieved the same virus at that address and this one (where i subscribe
to the Triumphs list) This looked so suspicious, (sepecially since i'm not
on the digest for either list) i did not open the attachment.

Cheers
Jack Mc