quality part complaints

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: quality part complaints
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:53:15 -0800 (PST)
Yello . .

I've got a comment concerning bitching about poor quality parts:

PLEASE make sure your complaints are aimed in the right direction.

I myself went on a tirade on this list a number of months ago about some
semi-metalic brake pads that I did not like.

I bad mouthed MOSS here on the list and then ended up regretting it.

It turns out that the "MOSS discounter" whom I bought the pads from substituted
his own brand / model of brake pads.

I ran MOSS in circles before figuring this out.
I'm very pleased with the actual MOSS products.

Somehow I think the public apologies don't get heard as much as the public
slanders though.

Okay . .I've got a second thing to say too:

Don't let your parts sit on the shelf for years without installing them too.
Finding out WAY down the road that you don't like the parts doesn't help your
case for returning them.

By the way I've got some NICE early TR4 seats that I'd be willing to sell.
They have new Moss black upholstry and seat springs.  Of course neither the
driver nor the passenger better be much taller than 5' unless you like looking
OVER the windsheild.

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 Everyday (that it doesn't rain real hard)
Leesburg, VA