GT6 tranny ideas

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>, <SPIT6CGT6@yahoogroups.com>, <nass@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: GT6 tranny ideas
From: "ptegler@cablespeed" <ptegler@cablespeed.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:43:34 -0500
OK...  here goes...  Am I off my rocker? is it worth it?

For my new GT6 MKIII    I'd prefer to have a J type rather than
the D type O/D. so....
Since I have a spare a 3 rail 4 speed GT6 tranny with
aluminum bell housing, and a complete single rail Spit
tranny,  I'm considering the following ...

Modify the GT6 input shaft (bore it out) to accept the
larger tip and bearing of the single rail mainshaft and add
the J type O/D. to the single rail case, using the GT6 gear
set (laygear and shaft etc)  and use the aluminum GT6
bell housing on the single rail case

Sound right? Feasible?

Now... anybody have a clue what length driveshaft I'd need?

Anybody have a 3.89 diff for a Spit/ GT6 they'd care to swap for a
good 3.27 (plus spares if needed)??

Paul Tegler
ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com