Well, this is Different

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Well, this is Different
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 14:17:21 -0600
Martin Secrest wrote:

> it *appears* that I've got ground-up
> rear axle bearings inside the hub.
> . . .
> Tell me -- once I undo the four nuts holding the left
> u-joint to the diff, then what??

Then . . . turn to page Section 64 of the Bentley Manual or Chapter 11 of
the Haynes manual and proceed accordingly. The good news is that removal of
the hub and axle assembly is pretty straightforward and can be done with the
usual hand tools.

The bad news is that disassembling the hub itself can be exceedingly
difficult. If you have access to the special tools mentioned in the
manuals--or a substantial press to separate the hubs--you can rebuild them
yourself. If not, rebuilt hubs are available.

JRH