Re: DCTRA Raffle

To: "Bill & Skip Pugh" <anabil@caltel.com>
Subject: Re: DCTRA Raffle
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 22:03:34 +0100
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Bill Pugh wrote:
...of course being wakened from a sound sleep by the call may have had some
bearing on his demeanor...

Very likely. Someone (who AFAIK) is not on this list rang me a few weeks ago
with an 'originality' question on the width of narrow band whitewall tyres
on his Spitfire and did I know the wheel section offset. By all accounts, it
was a spur of the moment call as he said "I'm just leaving the office to go
home."
I must have sounded confused and when he enquired if I was alright, I
apologised for not seeming too alert and politely pointed out that I'm not
usually at my best at 03.30.
"Oh, did I wake you?" followed by an indulgent chuckle.
"In a word, Yes."
"Gee that's strange. They won't have gone to bed yet in New York - and
that's four hours ahead of where I am."
No apology _at_all and he went on and on and on.
So I took his number and promised to call him back - which I did.
"Sorry to bother you, but I'm just going down to the pub for my lunchtime
pint and it's taken all morning to get answers to your questions. Whitewalls
were about an inch and a half. Dunlop and Goodyears were slightly
different."
"^$#"*&^() what the #"!%^&!!!!!!!. Do you know what time it is?
"Er, Yes. It's about a quarter to one here."
"Perhaps it is buddy - but it's four o'clock in the #$%^&* morning
"Oh, did I wake you? It's lunchtime here and mainland Europe's only an hour
ahead of British Summer Time."
Isn't human nature a strange thing?
In the spirit of helping out a fellow enthusiast, you do your best to get
the required info, make a transatlantic call at your own cost and at peak
rates - only to get called an Asshole for your trouble.

Jonmac