RE: wheel compatibility reference?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: wheel compatibility reference?
From: Randall Young <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:52:49 -0700
> Does anyone know of some kind of cross-compatibility reference for car
> wheels.
>
> For example, my Hyundai Elantra and the TR6 both use four-hole, 15x5.5"
> wheels. Beside measuring the hole positions and the offset of the hub,
> would there be some simpler way of comparing wheels?

Bill, there have been several lists posted here, I'd suggest checking the
archives except the archive search engine doesn't seem to be working at the
moment.  I've copied one such list (for wheels with the same bolt pattern as
TR2-6) below.

However, you have to compare more than just hole positions and offset.  Some
wheels will not clear the brake calipers.

Randall

TR2-6 all use 4 lug bolts on a 4.5" circle.  It's a fairly common pattern,
here's a partial list of cars that use it :

1989-85 CHEVROLET - Sprint
1996-92 EAGLE - Summit Wagon
1993-84 Summit
1994-89 FORD - Festiva
1996-89 GEO - Metro, Sprint
2000-92 HONDA - Prelude (15")
2000-90 Accord
1999-91 HYUNDAI - Elantra, Lantra
1999-90 Accent, Excel, Pony
1999-89 Sonata
1995-90 Scoupe
1989-81 MAZDA - 323, GLC
1987-85 626, MX-6
1998-92 MITSUBISHI - Expo, Expo LRV, Vista Wagon
1999-84 Galant
1993-84 Mirage
1991-80 Tredia
1999-93 NISSAN - Altima