Triumphest/DCTRA Project car raflle - latest developments!!

To: owner-triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumphest/DCTRA Project car raflle - latest developments!!
From: "David J Stauffacher" <dstauffa@csc.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:55:20 -0700 18, 2001) at 10/22/2002 11:57:11 AM
Cc: owner-triumphs@autox.team.net, triumphs-digest@autox.team.net
I was talking to one of the organizers of Triumphest Sunday morning.  He
got a call back from the winner stating that he didn't want the car and has
it up for sale!!!

What a jerk!  If he wasn't really interested in the car, he should have
said so.  There were over 300 people present in the banquet room that night
who would have gladly taken ownership of that nicely restored TR3.

The above was the only disappointment in what I thought was a fantastic
time in Laughlin!  The DCTRA did a great job in organizing the event and
the River Palms provided a great facility for us to use.  I really like
having all activities in the large car park:  registration, vendors,
hospitality, autocross, funcours and secure parking for all cars.

One of the highlights for me was the 6 hour drive through the desolate back
roads of the California desert on the way to Laughlin.  The scenery was
breathtaking and it was sheer pleasure to drive two-lane blacktop without
any traffic!  (I get tired really quick when running with 18-wheelers,
jacked-up pickups and SUVs on the Interstate!)

Cheers,

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, California
1970 TR6 CP51649