Re: Thankfulness

To: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Thankfulness
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:03:14 -0500
Cc: "David Rogers" <dnja.rogers@bigpond.com.au>, "Triumph Digest List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
    Phil> From: "David Rogers" <dnja.rogers@bigpond.com.au>
    >> I was looking at a sales brochure for the latest Mercedes 500SL the
    >> other day and it said the car has a 'brake-by-wire' system with no
    >> direct, physical connection between pedal and discs.

    Phil> If this is not illegal, it ought to be.

It's the wave of the future.  Check out

    http://www.tttech.com/

I did some contract work for them.  I find the whole x-by-wire thing
absolutely fascinating.  Also, check out the cover article of the October
issue of Scientific American about GM's fuel cell "skateboard" chassis, made
possible, at least in part, by the prospect of x-by-wire technology.

--
Skip Montanaro - skip@pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/