Gear shift Levers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gear shift Levers
From: Scott Tilton <sdtilton@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 07:06:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hi gang,

When I got home last night, I decided Id had enough of the gear shift levers
incessant rattling in my recently revived TR-4.

So I quickly pulled it apart right after I pulled in the garage.

The anti-rattle spring and plunger were still in place, so I decided to try a
different lever.

Found on in my stash of parts, cleaned it off, lubed it up, put in the spring
and plunger and put it in the car.

It does rattle less, but I found that this lever does not have as great a bend
in it as the old one did.
Now when I shift into first or third gear, I end up punching the switch knobs.

I compared this shift lever to the others I have, and it is most assuredly the
odd ball.

Did the TR4 - TR-6 range of cars have different levers?
Did any other cars use the same sort of lever, but maybe a different bend?
Perhaps a Stag?

Scott Tilton
1963 TR4 everyday
Or at least everyday they don't predict over an inch of rainfall