TR6 -vapor lock?

To: triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 -vapor lock?
From: Sandy Levine <slevine@toucan.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 21:05:34 -0400
I have been having a problem with my 70 TR6 stalling after driving for 30
minutes. When I lift my foot off the gas pedal to shift the car acts like it
is not getting any fuel and putting my foot back down on the pedal has no
effect. Once it dies, it will not start unless I let it sit for 15-20
minutes. Then I can drive it for about 2 or 3 blocks until I lift my foot
off the gas pedal and again it dies.  The outside temperature was in the
90's and the temp gauge was 3/4 towards hot.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Sandy Levine
70 TR6
Tampa FL