Re: Head gasket / silver paint / also for non LBC?

To: aribert@c3net.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Head gasket / silver paint / also for non LBC?
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:58:11 EDT
In a message dated 10/6/02 8:37:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
aribert@c3net.net writes:

<< I am rebuilding a non LBC 6 cyl (early '60's Ford).  Has anyone used the
 silver (high aluminum content) spray paint to improve the head gasket
 seal on non-LBCs?  THe head gasket is a Fel-pro brand, non-retorque
 required if it makes a difference. >>

Is the gasket a "Print-o-Seal" type?  If so install it dry.  Modern gaskets
do not need/want any sealer.

BTW from what I recall, "Print-o-seal is a British invention used under
license by Fel Pro.

Another trick, install the oil pan gasket dry,( except for a dab of silicone
where the rubber gaskets meet the cork) after install and bolt down of the
pan, I run a bead of silicone around the outside to prevent leaks.

Harold