Rotor arm failure

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rotor arm failure
From: "David Brister" <david.brister@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 6 Oct 2002 19:43:40 +0200
Knowledgeable ones,

My apologies to all our colonial cousins for not knowing what this item is
called in their countries. I refer to the bakelite bit that goes round
inside the distributor to direct the spark to the correct cylinder.

I have just had yet another sudden and total failure of one of these things,
this time on a busy French roundabout at rush hour. This is the third time
in about the last four years, not the worst, that was when I was overtaking
a lorry going up a hill, but it has started me thinking whether there is
something wrong in my bog standard ignition system.

Anyone else experienced a failure rate like this? Happily since the first
time I always have a spare.

David Brister.
1967 TR4A