Re: Stuck clutch

To: TeamTiger21@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, ref@kiva.net
Subject: Re: Stuck clutch
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 20:03:42 EDT
In a message dated 10/5/02 5:13:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TeamTiger21@aol.com writes:

<< I have choked the rear wheels and tried to start it in gear,
 I have forced it into gear, all in an attempt to break it loose, but with no
 success. Any ideas short of pulling the transmission?

 Barry K. Schonberger >>

This is a common problem, but a question first.  Did the clutch release
before the extended storage?  Make sure the clutch linkage is working
properly.

The starter is just too weak to break a stuck clutch, the car needs to be
moving with the clutch peddle depressed.

With the trans in neutral, warm the engine.

Turn off engine and select first gear.

Depress the clutch and start engine. Caution car will move.

If the clutch doesn't release, hold the clutch peddle down, drag the brakes
and press the throttle.  After the clutch breaks free there will be a
sandpaper noise as the rust wears off.

Harold